We are always looking for passionate, dynamic, and caring individuals to join our school community. Interested applicants should send a resume, (3) professional references, and a letter of intent to:
Sabine Kully, Faculty Chair
The Waldorf School of Garden City
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, New York 11530
This Payroll & A/P Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance and works closely with the School’s Accounting Manager to execute the job responsibilities, outlined below:
- Process full cycle accounts payables in accordance with School policies;
- Maintain vendor invoices and reconcile any discrepancies in a timely fashion;
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and school employees; and,
- Sort, review and enter invoices into the School’s general ledger, with particular attention to proper department and expense classification.
- Review and process, with attention to accuracy and timeliness, the School’s bi-monthly payroll through ADP; ensuring compliance with School policies regarding internal control and maintenance of payroll records and data;
- Validate payroll reports and post all journal entries relating to payroll and benefits to the School’s general ledger;
- Process weekly and semi-monthly employee and employer contributions for the School’s retirement plan, HSA and FSA plans, and prepare required reports;
- Verify monthly benefits invoices against employee rosters and elections and process for payment;
- Prepare year-end payroll accruals as needed;
- Review and reconcile year end and quarterly 941 tax reports, 1095-C and W-2’s;
- Oversee annual pension audit and assist with year end general audit, including sections of the 990 tax return;
- Recommend improvements for streamlining payroll processes;
- Provide support to Finance Director regarding creating and maintaining employee personnel files, including assistance with background checks, required employee certifications, new hire documents for benefits and payroll, etc.; and,
- Maintain confidentiality around personnel and sensitive information at all times.
- Cafeteria online payment interface; manual cash receipts from cafeteria
- Bookstore charges
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field;
- Minimum 2 years work experience, with a preference for nonprofit or independent school experience;
- Ability to work independently, to multitask, while paying attention to accuracy and detail;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with particular emphasis on Excel;
- Proficient in Quickbooks, knowledge of Senior Systems software a plus;
- Good communication skills, with a professional, friendly and positive demeanor;
- Team player who works effectively and collaboratively in a fast paced, changing environment.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Individuals interested in applying for this position should send a cover letter, resume and a minimum of three professional references to Ramona Owens, Director of Finance, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Waldorf School of Garden City is looking for a part-time ENL (English as a New Language) teacher for 2017-2018. The ideal candidate has a degree in ENL teaching and a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience. Please email your resume to Sabine Kully email@example.com. No phone calls.
The Waldorf School of Garden City, a K – 12 institution adjacent to Adelphi University in Garden City, Long Island, seeks a Library Science Teacher to serve students in grades 1-12 beginning September 2017. The ideal candidate will have a Library Science degree and teaching experience. They should have an understanding of child development and outstanding classroom management skills. As an integral member of the whole school, the Librarian will have the responsibility of working collaboratively with colleagues in weekly section and all school meetings to make pedagogical decisions. The Librarian is integral to the continuing development of our technology curriculum and needs to be experienced and accomplished in using media and technology as a teaching tool.
The WSGC is a dynamic co-educational, independent day school serving children in Grades N-12. Our progressive approach to education allows for creativity and artistry to be a part of every lesson. Our schedule is a unique combination of both yearlong and block scheduling. The library curriculum includes both storytelling to the very young and research skills and presentation development for the high school students.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Waldorf School of Garden City seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our community. More information about our 10-acre campus in Garden city and our 225-acre extension Glen Brook campus in Marlborough, New Hampshire can be found at www.waldorfgarden.org
Please email your resume and references to the Faculty Chair:
Sabine Kully, Faculty Chair
225 Cambridge Ave.
Garden City, NY 11530