Dear Parents and Guardians in the Mixed-Age Kindergarten Classes,
In the comings weeks, you will receive an updated class roster. Please be assured that the teachers have worked thoughtfully to create class groupings that are balanced and harmonious. Although you might have concerns that your child will miss friends from the nursery class,, if you are a returning family, it is our experience that the children are open to welcoming to new class friends.
Your child's kindergarten teacher will contact you to schedule a home visit and share informaiton in prepartion for the new school year. As we plan ahead for the first days of school we want you to be aware of some of the important dates and special arrangements in the schedule:
- Monday, September 9th, 7:30 – 9:00 pm
- Parent Orientation in Bonner Hall – for parents only please.
- Tuesday, September 10th, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Your child is welcome to come and greet his/her teachers and visit the classroom for a few minutes to help make the first stay of school more comfortable.
- Wednesday, September 11th, Opening Day – Friday, September 13th
- Children attend school for two hours from 8:10am to 11:00am.
- Kindergarten Afternoon Care begins on Wednesday, September 11th. Children who are enrolled stay for regular hours from 8:10am to 3:00pm.
- Thursday, September 12th
- The regular 8:10 am to 12:00 pm schedul begins.
Please speak to your child’s teacher if there are any special circumstances.
Click here to view the full school calendar online.
The Early Childhood Parent Handbook is also available online by clicking here. We encourage you to read it thoroughly as it will answer many of your questions. (A supply list is in the handbook.) Print copies will also be provided at the Parent Orientation evening.
Click the following links for the Afternoon Program Brochure and Enrollment Form. Please return the Enrollment Form by August 1 to ensure a space in Afternoon Care for your child.
We wish you a restful, healthy and happy summer.
Early Childhood Program Chair
The Waldorf School of Garden City
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
Tel: (516) 742-3434
Fax: (516) 742-3457
Click here to return to the Back-to-School Message Center.