Dear Seventh Grade Parents,
I hope this finds you and your families rested and excited for another year of school. I look forward to hearing about your summer adventures and any insights into your child's development that took place since I last saw them. It is an exciting time of growth, change and challenges and I look forward to sharing the ride with all of you. We can help support each other to be patient, playful, strong, firm, humorous and human as they transform into young adults. I imagine, even if the the students are not looking forward to returning to their studies, the parents are ready for them to return to school!
I assure you I am ready to see them all and look forward to the exciting curriculum and time together.
Here is a list of supplies the students will need to be prepared for the beginning of school:
- 3 ring binder ~with 4 sections for Main Lesson work, English, Reading and Music.
- 2 Fountain Pens ~ one for school and one for home
- lined paper
- compass (our bookstore will carry a good quality compass)
- lead pencil
- composition book/journal (they can have some free choice with this item)
If you have any questions about acquiring these items ...
I would also like to share some expectations that I have for the students. Most of the responsibility will be carried by the students but some will need support from home until they can be successful on their own. Let's begin with homework.
- Homework will need to be ready to turn in before the beginning of the school day (8:10). This requires the students to be punctual to school and have their assignments completed and ready to turn in. This will be the standard rule, some exceptions may occur.
- Students will need to organize themselves throughout the school day and be ready for class on time with all required materials in place.
- I look forward to all students feeling confident to participate in discussions and prepared to answer questions. We'll be in touch with this issue as the year evolves.
That's it for now!
Thanks for your help in getting our 7th grade year off to a good start.
With high hopes,
Seventh Grade Class Teacher
The Waldorf School of Garden City
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
Tel: (516) 742-3434
Fax: (516) 742-3457
Click here to return to the Back-to-School Message Center.