Dear 5th Grade Parents and Guardians,
It was truly a pleasure to meet so many of you this week, and it was also great to see so many of the children at school the other day. Now that I have had a chance to get better acquainted with the materials scenario at school, I've put together a list of supplies that would be best to purchase on your own. I understand that the notice is short, so if it isn't possible to have all the supplies by the first day, please be sure to have everything in school by the second week.
- At least two #2 pencils
- Hard white rubber eraser
- Pencil sharpener with holes for big and small pencils, with container for shavings
- pencil case
- 2 pocket folder with fasteners for loose leaf paper. Looks like this: http://www.staples.com/folder+pocket+fasteners/product_907790_2_-1_10001 (A hard plastic one is best, but paper will work.>
- 2" three ring binder
- 2 packages of 3-hole punched lined paper (one for home, one for school)
- 2 packages of 3-hole punched plain paper (one for home, one for school)
- One package of dividers
- 2 packs of 3”x5” white, lined, index cards (one for home and one for school)
- Index card file box (250-500 card capacity)
Thank you for such a warm welcome to the school community! Please email me if you have any clarifying questions.
See you soon,
Fifth Grade Class Teacher
The Waldorf School of Garden City
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
Tel: (516) 742-3434
Click here to return to the Back-to-School Message Center.