CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This is one of our most popular soups. It meets most dietary needs…except the vegetarians! We use rice noodles so that those following a gluten-free diet may enjoy it as well.
- 2-3 garlic cloves; chopped
- 1 onion; cubed
- ½ celery stalk (bunch); sliced
In a pot, sautee the above with:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dry dill
- 1 tbsp tumeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium carrots; sliced round
- ¼- ½ green cabbage chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced round
- ½ small-medium chicken parts (for added flavor: do not remove the bones)
- 2 qt water (enough to cover the ingredients)
Cover the pot, and bring to a boil. Simmer (still covered) until chicken is tender. Remove the chicken once it is fully cooked. Remove the skin and bones and put the chicken back into the pot. Add the noodles; when they are cooked, remove from heat.
Add one bunch of chopped dill.
Mix before serving.