Our 3-week CIT program is geared for 14-to-16-year-olds who are interested in becoming camp counselors or exploring personal growth and leadership experiences. Designed to help young people develop their personal awareness along with the basic skills of camp leadership, the Program is led by an experienced CIT Advisor, with support from the Camp Director and other key camp staff.
Please read the following for a brief outline of CIT Goals and Responsibilities. We encourage parents to review this material with your child. Should your child wish to apply, this PDF application form must be independently completed and submitted by the CIT candidate. Please note, there are two 3-week sessions available for the coming summer, with limited openings available in each session. Upon receipt of the application, your child may be contacted for an interview by the Camp Director. Once a CIT is selected, the parents will be invoiced for the $950 Program fee.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Develop counseling and teaching skills within the Summer Program environment by working with campers in a range of ages in a variety of activities.
- Increase individual sense of responsibility and service to others.
- Improve interpersonal skills through work with campers, staff, and CIT peers.
- Participate and assist campers in various activity areas, under the direction of a Group or Program Counselor.
- Act as a role model to all campers, maintaining a positive and engaged attitude at all times.
- Strive to learn new skills, or improve upon existing ones, while in their chosen activity areas.
- Assist Group and Program Counselors with camper supervision and the carrying out of lesson plans in various activities.
- Cooperate with camp personnel to ensure the safety of all campers
- Complete tasks and/or assignments given to them by the CIT Advisor, whether as individuals or in a team setting.
- Participate in regularly scheduled CIT training sessions, as well as an individual weekly session with the CIT Advisor.
Click here to download our Summer 2015 brochure and registration form!