Employee Back-to-School Resources
Welcome back to school! As we begin a new year, we want to make sure you are as prepared as possible for success. Please see the resources below and the required training to be completed by the due dates indicated in each section.
Required for 2021-2022
DUE DATE: September 1st
Due to recent changes in legislation all school faculty and staff are required to have completed the Mandatory Reporter Training course. You must complete this training by Wednesday, September 1st.
Below is a link for the 2-hour required course and here are the instructions for setting up your account and taking the course. Once you are done with the course you will receive a certificate of completion. You will need to print this certificate and provide a copy to the Business Office. If you do not have access to a printer, select the print option, and in the drop-down menu, select Adobe PDF. That will allow you to save the certificate as a pdf file which you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Click on the link above, which will bring you to the Mandated Reporter Resources Page, you will then click on register for self-directed online training. Instructions on how to proceed are attached.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
DUE DATE: September 30th
The Waldorf School of Garden City is using SafeSchools again this year to provide employees with access to online training courses. Not only do SafeSchool’s training modules cover important and timely topics, but the online component enables faculty and staff to complete the training at a time that is convenient for them!
In light of recent events, we would like to take this opportunity to have all faculty and staff review the following video:
Sexual Harassment: Student Issues & Responses
As a school community, we recognize that training on these topics is important for the health and well-being of our students, while also ensuring a safe workplace for our employees.
Please follow these easy steps to complete your safety training requirements:
Using your web browser, go to the SafeSchools website for The Waldorf School of Garden City: https://waldorfgarden-ny.safeschools.com/login
Enter your User Name: Example – OwensR.
For questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or SafeSchools directly at (800) 434-0154. Thank you for your efforts to make The Waldorf School of Garden City a safer place to work and learn.
DUE DATE: Prior to the start of the school year
In order to ensure that all employees are able to fully utilize our cloud-based Office 365 e-mail and are able to maintain online security protocols, all new employees are required to complete the topics listed below in our Technology eTraining Library. All other employees should also complete them as a refresher.
To sign in and access the video lessons in the eTraining Library you will need to:
- Navigate to the following link in your browser:
- Click on the “Login using Office 365” button (image example below):
- If prompted, enter the same Waldorf email address and password that you use to login to the Outlook Web App. If you are already logged into the Outlook Web App / Office 365 in your browser, login will happen automatically
- Click “My Training”
- Under the Learning Paths header, click “Basic Training”
- You will then see the video lessons broken out by category. The categories you need to complete are:
- OneDrive (2019)
- Outlook on the Web (2019)
- Office 365 Calendar
- What’s New in Office 2019
- End-User Security Awareness
- End-User Security: Human Firewall Strengthening
- You may click into each category, then choose the “Play Section” option at the top of the lesson list. This will begin the lesson playlist from the beginning. You may also click a specific lesson in a category to resume where you may have left off.
- Once all lessons have been completed in a category, you will then need to take and pass the category exam. To do this, click “Take the Exam” to the right of the lesson list. You will be able to re-take the exam as many times as necessary in order to pass. Note: You may optionally take the “quiz” which will offer you a small sample of exam questions to get a preview of the exam experience.
If you need any technical assistance, please contact Waldorf IT Support at email@example.com.
DUE DATE: September 9th
Time to Complete: 5 minutes
The Waldorf School of Garden City has partnered with MHR Technologies to launch School-Pass, an application that will both support our re-opening Wellness initiative and support afternoon dismissal.
The School-Pass App will consist of two primary systems: The daily wellness screening, to be completed by anyone entering the building (including all employees and students), and an easy method for parent’s to communicate their child’s arrival and dismissal plans.
In order for you to use this system and to record student attendance in your classes each morning, please view the short video below:
- Teacher Training
- Password: &^heW4GS
- If you are a Parent and Employee, you will need to download 2 apps, one for parents and one for staff.
DUE DATE: September 10th
Please print, sign, and return the page below to acknowledge that you have read and understood the policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Emergency and Safety procedures materials:
The Waldorf School of Garden City
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 732-3434, Ext. 303