My School Lunch Account
The Waldorf School Cafeteria uses an online portal for grades 1-12 that allows you to; monitor your child’s lunchtime purchases, track what your child has been eating for the past 30 days, make deposits directly into his/her meal account, and have an email reminder sent to you when an account balance gets low. Deposits can be made into the account through ACH payments or by credit card. Each child’s account will be updated nightly so that account balance information and payments will be current as of the following day. Please note that money on your child’s lunch card from last year will be applied towards this upcoming school year. Still, we encourage parents in grades 1-3 to replenish your child’s account with $50 and parents in grades 4-12 to add $100 before the new school year begins.
If you haven’t already signed up for the system, you will need to confirm your parent account.
- Go to www.myschoolaccount.com.
- Click “Create Account” on the top menu bar.
- Fill in the required information on the “Create Parent Account” page.
- Create your own User ID and Password (step 2).
- Choose “The Waldorf School of Garden City” from the “School District” drop down menu & click the “Accept” box (step 3).
An email will be sent to your inbox that will contain a “verification code.”
After you receive the “verification code,” you have 10 days to add your child’s information. Check your junk email folder if you do not immediately receive the email.
To enter your child’s information and complete the process, you will need to:
- Go back to www.myschoolaccount.com and login using your previously created user ID and password.
- Enter the “verification code” to verify your account and email address.
- Add your child’s information according to the guidelines provided. You will need your child’s student ID number, which can be found on your child’s lunch card or by logging in to your My BackPack account and clicking on your child’s photo under Student Summary.
- Be sure to click “Add” to enable the automatic low balance notification email.
- After the student is added, you can view the account activity and make payments to the account.
Online payments to your child’s debit account will be charged a flat $2.00 internet convenience fee. In order to avoid this fee, you can still pay at the Business Office or Cafeteria and we will process the transaction for you. In addition, if you choose not to fund the card online, you can still receive all of the benefits of having online access to spending information, available balance, email reminders, etc. – FOR FREE! Online payments are just another benefit that some parents/guardians may choose to utilize.
If you have two or more children enrolled in the School, they can also be assigned to your parent account and you may make a payment to each child’s account and only be charged for one transaction. (For example; 2 students, $10.00 payment to each student, total charge would be $22.00.) At this time, while a parent account can be linked to many children, a child (or children) can be linked to only one parent.
We hope you will take full advantage of this system by making deposits into your child’s account on a regular basis. You are free to choose the amount of each deposit. Any money that is not spent by the end of this school-year will be available next school-year.
P.S. Users of myschoolaccount.com can also manage their child’s account through a smart phone! Search for the app called “Mobile MSA”, in either the AppStore or GooglePlay.