Telephone Broadcast System
In an effort to provide effective and timely communication, the Waldorf School of Garden City has implemented a new telephone broadcast system to notify all school families of important information regarding unplanned events – such as weather-related closings, delays, or early dismissal – in a matter of minutes. While the phone system may be used from time to time for other important announcements or information, please note that this does not take the place of regular School emails to parents or communication between parent representatives and the class parents for “usual” class business.
The telephone broadcast system calls all parent and/or guardian telephone numbers simultaneously (both home and cellular) delivering a recorded message to either the individual answering the phone or an answering machine. Please note that if there is “no answer/no answering machine” or if there is a busy signal, the system will automatically retry the number in fifteen minute intervals after the initial call.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- No registration is necessary – all parents and guardians are automatically enrolled in the system.
- All information and contact numbers are strictly secure and confidential.
Additional information you should know:
- Caller Id: When you receive an automated call, the Call ID will display 516-742-3434, which is the main number for the Waldorf School of Garden City.
- Live Answers: There is a short pause at the beginning of the message, usually a few seconds. Answer your phone as you normally would; “hello” and hold for the message to begin. Multiple “hellos” will delay the message. Inform all family members who may answer your phone of this process.
- Answering Machines or Voice Mail: The system will detect that your machine (or voice mail) has answered and will play the recording to your machine (or voice mail). The phone will ring for up to 40 seconds. Make sure that your machine (or voice mail) answers after four rings or you may miss the message.
- Message Repeat: At the end of the message you will be prompted to ‘press any key’ to hear the message again. This is helpful when a child answers the phone and hands it to a parent, who can then ‘repeat’ the message in its entirety.
Finally, to ensure that you do not miss important information, we ask that you provide the school with current and accurate phone information any time there is a change. If you have any questions, please contact Robert Ingenito at 516-742-3434 ext. 311 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.