There will be a 2-hour Delayed Opening for Friday, March 6th. Please note the following three items:
- All sections of the school – from Nursery through Grade 12 – will begin at 10:00 am.
- If your bus company arrives at your home at the regular time or if you need to drop-off your child at school at 8:00 am, Waldorf will be open with limited staff at 8:00 am.
- Bus companies respond to decisions made by the individual school district. Therefore, it is possible that when the Waldorf School has a delayed opening, other school districts may be closed or open for a regular school day, thereby causing difficulty with your child's transportation. Please confirm with your individual bus company how they handle such situations and consider transportation alternatives.
The Library Blog
Welcome to the Library Blog! My name is Mrs. Elizabeth Fanning and I am Waldorf's School Librarian and Media Specialist. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Hello Book Club!
Thank you for some very creative discussions today! Now that we have officially finished the book, I enjoyed hearing all of your points of view about the ending, how you felt about the different characters, who you connected with, who you didn't, and who you recognized in your own lives. It was wonderful to see that so many of you not only identified with Auggie, but felt the urge to stand by him. I too was very impressed by his characters strength. I look forward to the continuation of our "project" after the break, and sharing our passion with the school!
Have a "Wonder"ful Thanksgiving & Happy Hannukkah!
Today and for the next four days. CBS News is streaming their original news coverage of the assasination of John F. Kennedy. Their news is being played as it was seen during the event in real time.
The coverage can be watched live HERE.
Hello Fellow "Wonder" Readers!
This week we will be reading through page 185. Stop just before we switch into Justin's point of view.
As always: write three questions or topics you would like to discuss from the reading.
The PRECEPT for this week is:
"If at first you don't succeed, try try again!"
Please watch yourself this week and tell us about one event in which you did not give up!
Thank you once again, for a wonderful meeting.
See you next Monday!
Hello Fellow Book Clubbers!
Today was one of the most amazing book discussion I have ever had. Thank you so much for sharing all of your thoughts with me!
This weeks PRECEPT is:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
This week we will:
1. read to page 130. (This week it's Via's point of view!!)
2. bring another three questions or thoughts you would like to discuss with the group.
3. write one way you honored our precept this week.
4. think about how your insecurity makes you special (there is definitely a way)!
Until our next meeting... Happy Reading!!!
P.S. A very special thank you to our generous book club gnome who once again fortified us with delicious healthy snacks!
Hello Book Clubbers!
Thank you for a wonderful first meeting!
Since there is no school on Monday, we will obviously not be having Book Club. Instead we will read for this week AND next week and meet on Monday the 21st.
Please read up to Page 88. Also, write down some questions or comments to bring with you for us to discuss.
See you soon!!!
~ Mrs. Fanning ~
Hello Middle and High School Students!
As of today our Gale Database is now accessible from your smartphones and tablets!
1. Download the Free "My School" AML App: School Edition
2. Select our school from the menu (you will need choose our state and city to find our school).
3. Select "Update My Resources". This is a very quick process.
4. Select "Access Library" and choose Gale Databases from the choices!
5. The password for access is the same as the password for Gale on your database sheet (unfortunately I can not post it here due to restrictions). If you need a new password sheet, they are available on the circulation desk in the Library.
6. Enjoy your research on the go!!!
Complete information about the Droid and Iphone App located at the following link http://www.gale.cengage.com/apps/aml/SchoolLibrary/.
If you have any questions feel free to come see me.
Mrs. Fanning (Miss Cohen)
In an attempt to make Book Club more accessible for everyone, We are moving our meeting time to MONDAYS. If you were interested and could not make it on Wednesdays please contact Kathy Bossuk and sign up for our new time!
Thank you and I look forward to finally meeting with you all!
Mrs. Fanning (Miss Cohen)
Thank you for your patience!!
The Deadline to sign up for Book Club has been extended!!!
I have officially returned to school and am ready to get our club meetings started! Unfortunately we don't have enough students yet to run the club!! I understand that many of you who are interested were unable to attend due to other club conflicts so we have adjusted the start time to allow for those of you with Music conflicts to attend at 4:00.
The rest of you who can still make it at 3:30, please come then and we will work on some other things together while we wait for the others.
I'm hoping this change will allow more of you to participate which will allow us to start our meetings next week!
Welcome Back Everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful summer and read lots of exciting books!
This year is going to be another exciting year in the Library.
Book Club will begin Wednesday September 25th.
It will take place in the Library from 3:20-5:00 and Grades 5th-12th are all welcome to attend!
Our first book of the year will be "Wonder" By R.J. Palacio. This is a wonderful story for all ages about a 5th grade boy "Augie", who starts in a new school with a facial deformity. It is about the struggles and the triumphs that he experiences. This book has been rated a New York Times Best Seller and is said to be one of the greatest books for children this year! I am excited to begin exploring Augie's story with you.
I look forward to hearing about all of your adventures.
Dear Rising 6th Grade,
Here you can access the Summer Reading Review Form to be used for your summer reading assignment with Mrs. Hart. Click this link to download your own copy. (Or click the image next to this text.) Have a wonderful summer and see you next year!
Choose groups to clone to: