Fall Fair 2020
You are invited to The Waldorf School
of Garden City’s 41st Annual Fall Fair:
A Fun Day of Activities!
Saturday, October 17th
10:00 am – 2:45 pm
Raffle Drawing at 2:00 pm (scroll down on this page to watch)!
~ Schedule of Events ~
10:00 am – 10:15 am – Virtual Welcome to the Fair!
Check this page for a video welcome from our faculty and staff and some great music by our students and Alumni Band.
10:00 am – 12:00 pm – “Drive-Thru the U”
- Drop off donated canned food items, and gently used books to:
- Pickup prepurchased Maple Syrup and Eggs from Glen Brook
- Preorder here: https://www.glenbrook.org/farmproductsale/
- Receive a fall craft to complete at home
- Receive a small Fall Fair token
- Say hello to friends!
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm – Virtual Cooking with Aviva
Participate in this online cooking class via Zoom. Register in advance for this meeting by clicking here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This event is for all ages and preregistration is required.
On the Menu:
Curry Butternut Squash Soup and Drop Cornbread Biscuits
Please have on hand the following ingredients:
Ingredients for Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small butternut squash – about 6 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 14-ounce can of light coconut milk
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
Ingredients for Drop Cornbread Biscuits
- 1 3/4 cups quarter all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups cornmeal
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled butter
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
Join us on this page to see if you won the Grand Prize of $2,000 or another prize! NOTE: Winners do not need to be present, you will be notified.
2:15 pm – 2:45 pm – Virtual Glen Brook Sing-a-Long!
Click here to sing-a-long to your favorite Glen Brook tunes on Facebook Live.
Thank you for your support and happy fall!
Enjoy these photos from past Fall Fairs: