Because our of small school size, only a limited number of openings are available in any given year. To assess an applicant, the committee considers achievement and motivation, appraises the standards of the previous school’s curriculum, and for older children, considers the time and effort that the student has dedicated to class and out-of-class activities. In our Early Childhood applicants we are seeking families who value our early childhood philosophy and want a school that will provide a healthy, balanced and nurturing childhood experiences.
**Please Note: At this time Grades 10-12 are at capacity for the 2017-2018 School Year. If you would like to apply to these grades please contact our Director of Admissions, Dr. Christine Bleecker, at email@example.com or by calling 516-742-3434 ext 302
Step 1: Online Application
Complete online application which follows below and pay the $75 application fee.
Step 2: Official Records
- For Applicants to Nursery, Mixed Aged Kindergarten and Grade 1: Please have your school complete the School Official Recommendation.
- For Applicants to Grades 2 and Above: Please have your school complete the School Official Recommendation form.
- International Applicants applying to Grade 9 and above must submit TOEFL scores. Applicants without TOEFL scores of 80 or higher will not be considered.
Step 3: Interview
Once all required materials are received we will call to schedule an interview. The interviews are structured in the following way:
- Early Childhood interviews include both parents and the child and generally last one hour. They include a conversation between the parents and the teacher, as well as a short period of time for the teacher to engage with the child.
- Applicants for the first grade will be invited to visit one of the mixed-age kindergarten classes for a morning, followed by an hour long first grade readiness evaluation conducted by one of our trained early childhood faculty members.
- Applicants for second grade and above will meet for one hour with the Admissions Director, Principal of that Division and faculty members. Parents are welcome to attend.
- Decisions are made and communicated shortly after the interview. In some cases, students will be invited to come and spend a day or two with the class they are applying to before a decision is made.
- International Applicants who reside outside of the area will be invited to a SKYPE interview with the Admissions Director, Principal of the Division applying to, an ESL teacher and other faculty.