We are always looking for passionate, dynamic, and caring individuals to join our school community. Interested applicants should send a resume, (3) professional references, and a letter of intent to the person indicated in the job posts below:
The Lower School (LS) Chair supports and develops curriculum and programs in grades one through eight. Overseeing day-to-day operations, the LS Chair works closely with the Early Childhood and High School Section Chairs and reports directly to the Faculty Chair. Working collaboratively with faculty and administration, the LS Chair leads, evaluates, and supports the multifaceted work of all teachers in grades one through eight. The LS Chair maintains relationships with professionals in Waldorf education and the larger educational community. Well-versed and experienced in Waldorf education, the LS Chair is the ambassador for the Lower School.
Major responsibilities include:
- Working with LS faculty members, individually and collectively, to facilitate successful teaching in the classroom.
- Supporting effective communication amongst all constituents of the Lower School, including the Parent Body.
- Overseeing mentoring, evaluation and professional development.
- Supporting review and continued development of the LS curriculum.
- Organizing and implementing opportunities for parent education.
- Managing the daily schedule, including coverage and substitutions.
- Organizing and structuring LS section meetings.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Significant experience as a Waldorf educator – class teacher strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- An active engagement with anthroposophy and Rudolf Steiner’s picture of child development.
- A love of teaching.
The applicant must have substantial experience in and a commitment to Waldorf education. Administrative or supervisory experience and a background in teacher development in a Waldorf School are strongly preferred.
To receive full consideration, candidates must submit a letter of interest, a current CV and a list of five references (to be contacted with permission). The search committee will review applications until an appointment is made. To apply, please send required documents to:
Lower School Chair Search Committee
The Waldorf School of Garden City
225 Cambridge Ave
Garden City NY 11530
POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Waldorf School of Garden City promotes respect for all students, employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination to the full extent required by law, including discrimination based on race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, familial or marital status, military status, or any other category which is protected by applicable federal, state or local law.