We are always looking for passionate, dynamic, and caring individuals to join our school community. Interested applicants should send a resume, (3) professional references, and a letter of intent to the person indicated in the job posts below:
The Waldorf School of Garden City is seeking a part-time COVID-19 Safety Coordinator to assist the School Administrator in developing, coordinating, evaluating, and executing School policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of students, faculty, staff, visitors to the WSGC Campus. This position will also work closely with the School Administrator to ensure that the School is following federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines related to health in general, and to COVID-19 specifically. The tasks and responsibilities set forth below are a snapshot of a given day however are not limited by this outline. Hours are 7:15 am to 12:15 pm M-F, paid hourly.
Position Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and comfort with the School’s reopening plan submitted to the New York State Education Department and the New York State Department of Health
- Familiarity with the COVID-19 appendices in the Waldorf employee and parent handbooks
- Routinely conduct research to ensure the school is in full compliance with all state and local regulations related to COVID-19
- Assist with monitoring the school’s health and safety policies and protocols, and work with the School leadership in creating new policies and protocols for the school that are relevant considering COVID-19.
- Support all administrative work related to health safety issues for the school, including accidents, student illness, and immunization, as well as all administrative work specifically related to COVID-19.
- Liaise with the School Administrator daily regarding student and employee wellness and follow-up
- Input attendance in SchoolPass and update reasons for absences for tracking purposes
- Obtain records for all visits to the Nurse’s office in a timely manner
- Complete daily by 3:00 pm the online New York State Department of Health COVID-19 School report card
- Assist with answering the telephone, screen, and direct calls
- When necessary, ensure the sign-in of visitors and maintain awareness of visitors and students entering and leaving the building
- When necessary greet persons entering the School and contact the employee, they have an appointment with to meet them
- Check email and online public and internal calendars regularly to remain aware of events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or another relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer and relevant software knowledge
- Willingness to assist others and a “customer service” attitude
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize activities, while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to maintain discretion
- Professional and gracious presence with excellent integrity
Applicants should e-mail a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references to:
Nicole Littrean, Interim School Administrator
More information about our school can be found at www.waldorfgarden.org.
General Letters of inquiry can be emailed to:
Kelly Rae O’Halogan, Faculty Chair
The Waldorf School of Garden City
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, New York 11530
POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Waldorf School of Garden City promotes respect for all students, employees, and applicants for admissions or employment, and prohibits discrimination to the full extent required by law, including discrimination based on race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, familial or marital status, military status, or any other category which is protected by applicable federal, state or local law. These nondiscrimination policies apply in the administration of our educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics, and other school-administered programs.
The following person has been designated to handle all inquiries regarding the School’s nondiscrimination policies:
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 732-3434, Ext. 303